2.28.2012

Weekend wrap up : Sweet tooth.


Hello there.

Sorry I have not been around much lately... between traveling to Colorado to see our new little niece, purchasing our very first home, hosting guests, growing a baby boy, oh and work there has been little to no time for me to blog! Whew. All really amazing and fun things that we have going on right now, just a lot. I do have to tell you that lately I have seen my very first craving appear in the worst possible form... sweets! It is all I want. I told Stone last night I could replace every meal with a bowl of ice cream and be perfectly happy. The only thing stopping me is that my baby might come out twitching from some crazy sugar high and I may start gaining crazy amounts of weight on top of the bowling ball that is now my stomach. Either way, I cannot avoid satisfying my craving, but I am trying to keep it to a minimum. This morning I had a deliciously sweet puff pancake! I saw the recipe here and had to try it out. It did not disappoint! Delish.

Hope you are having a wonderful Tuesday, I am back to the blog world and it feels good!

By the way, know of any healthy alternatives to ice cream? I know that sounds crazy, but I have an ice cream maker and have seen recipes for 'healthy ice cream'... worth a shot, right?

xo.


4 comments:

Lauren said...

I've heard Coconut Bliss is really good and is much healthier than ice cream. I think it can be found at Trader Joe's, Central Market, etc. Also, gelato is an equally delicious yet much lighter version of ice cream. I love it!

Shel + Stone said...

Thanks Lauren! I will try those out, trust me, I need a healthier alternative ;)

Jennifer (The Gourmetour) said...

I have THE BEST alternative for you. It's 100% natural, zero added sugar, and you make it yourself! If you buy bananas normally, and by the end of the week have one or two that are just too ripe to eat... take them out of their skins, place them in an airtight bag or container, and freeze! When you are in the mood for ice "cream" pop 1 or 2 into the blender with a splash of soy/almond/hemp milk or plain ole' water. Puree until just smooth, too much and it will turn into liquid. Add cinnamon, pure cocoa, or what ever your heart desires. Lately I've been adding raw cacao nibs, and frozen walnuts.. makes an almost identical Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey.
But don't worry, if you don't love bananas it doesn't reaalllyy taste like bananas, especially if you add other ingredients!
Also, if you don't typically buy bananas, or if you eat them before they are prime for freezing, I've seen frozen banana chunks at Whole Foods... a PERFECT alternative!!

Enjoy and Congrats!!!

Shel + Stone said...

Jennifer! Thank you for that! That is a similar recipe to one I have seen before, but never tried... I am definitely going to give it a whirl!

Related Posts with Thumbnails