10.20.2011

Food to love : Apple crisp.


Sorry the photos are pretty bad, it tasted much better than it looks!

Stone and I decided to make use of the bounty of apples we got from Julian this past weekend and made apple crisp last night. More like I made apple crisp and Stone sat in the kitchen sipping on hard apple cider that we got from the store. Men ;)

Anyway, it turned out delicious and we enjoyed it while watching Parenthood and dreaming of having a big family. That show will do it to you. It is such a great show, if you have not watched it I highly recommend it!

Back to the crisp. It is the perfect easy fall dessert, and I added some pears for an added kick. Actually I used to really dislike warm fruit of any variation, so now that I am easing into it the softer I can make the fruit the better. I cut very thin slices of the apples and used pears because they are already so soft to begin with.

Apple Crisp
3 sliced apples (small) 2 sliced pears
1/2 c butter softened
1/2 c brown sugar
1/4 c flour
1 cup oats
1 tsp cinnamon

Mix topping until blended. I really got in there with my hands and smooshed (yup, smooshed) it all together until it was crumbly/buttery goodness. Place apples and pears in a buttered bread pan. Add topping. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.

Enjoy :)


2 comments:

Kathryn said...

made this today. such an easy recipe and so good :) thanks!

Kimberly Nicholson said...

Look at you girls....cooking up a storm....I'm so proud (sniff) xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails