6.15.2011

30 for 30 : Making the list.


Okay, so I have decided to take on this closet "challenge" by one of the regular bloggers I read, Kendi. Basically you pick out 30 items from your closet and you create 30 outfits from them being as creative as possible. The idea is to show you how far the clothing you already have in your closet can be stretched! It started Monday, but I am just now getting around to posting photos so I am a couple of days behind.

Now, here is where the self-conscious blogger in me comes out. I was super hesitant about doing this. Although I have loved reading other bloggers posts who have participated in this in the past, I just have never thought I would be comfortable posting photos of myself everyday. So I am stepping out of my comfort zone a bit in participating in this and I hope you are down with seeing a lot of Shel in the next 30 days (yup, I just spoke in 3rd person there).

I have a couple reasons for doing the 30 for 30 challenge. First, I think it is fun to participate in something that a lot of other gals in the blogger community are doing as well. Involvement in the blogger community can't be a bad thing, right? Also, I just recently started working for our photography company full time! This is such an exciting new chapter for Stone and I, and we are thrilled that it is something we are able to do. However, this means that any shopping budget I had in the past is out the window. So it is time to get creative with what I have. Recently I went through my entire closet and got rid of the old clothes (mostly still from high school and college) that needed to go. Now I have a simple closet with items that I know I wear frequently. Above are the 30 items I chose! I am excited to find new ways to wear my clothes and I hope you are inspired to join (GO HERE) or come along as I take this challenge. xo.

PS. I am still going to be posting my normal blogposts as well :)

4 comments:

Allie said...

Cute Items! Good Luck!

Shel + Stone said...

Thanks so much Allie! I see you are doing it too... so fun! :)

Patty said...

i'm really jealous with all your pretty shoes and skirts!!!

and the stripes! i'm jealous already.
have fun with the 30!

Shel + Stone said...

Haha, well I am excited to see what I can make of them :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails