5.25.2011

Food to Love : Date Smoothie.


Okay, I know we have all made smoothies, so you are wondering why I am doing a post about this. Nothing new right?

Well, I just wanted to tell you about a new ingredient Stone and I have been using that has taken our smoothies to the next level... DATES!

First of all they are full of antioxidants, dietary fiber, potassium and iron. Who knew? I had never eaten a date in my life until last week when I sent husband to the grocery store and he came back with a ton of random stuff (such as dates) and not much of what we really needed. Needless to say, I had to go back to the store the next day :) (I love him for trying though).

You can also put dates in oatmeal or eat them alone. I really want to chop them up and put them in homemade vanilla ice cream! So yummy.

In our smoothies we put strawberries, banana (just 1), mango, greek yogurt, honey, dates, oj, and ice. We switch it up all the time though. Smoothies make the best lunch on a hot summer day!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails