3.22.2011

Inspiration board : Color me happy.


Spring equals perfection for me. I love everything about this season!

First of all it is finally starting to warm up and people are slowly coming out of hibernation. This is the best time of the year for being outside gardening, picnicking, riding bikes, flying kites, skiing (okay before you jump all over me on this one, I am speaking in terms of not freezing, which is preferable for me), reading on your porch, and getting some sun on your skin. To me Spring is all about color! When we lived in Colorado, there are 5 months of being bundled up in big black puffy coats, boots, gloves, and hats.The only thing visible on a person is there eyes peaking through. Everything is grey, black and white from the ground, to the dead trees, and up to the sky. So, at the first signs of this beloved season, the layers would start to come off and finally things were colorful again. So, my inspiration board is a small ode to Spring and I hope you love it as much as I do and find some inspiration from it...

1 : Love the pink, the silk, the ruffles... love it all. Such a great top to dress up or down! Silk is slowly starting to find it's way into my wardrobe, and while dry cleaning is no fun, this fabric makes me feel a little more grown up and I like that!

2 : I am slowly (very, very slowly) trying to grow out my bangs. It seems the rest of my hair will grow like a weed, except for this chunk right up front that I actually want to be growing. Either way, bobby pins are a must for me and I am liking these grosgrain ribbon pins!

3 : I love mobiles. I'm afraid when we have kids their ceilings are going to be packed full of them... oh well, there are worse things that parents do to their childs' rooms.

4 : Just got a pedicure for the first time in about 6 months and oh did it feel good! There is nothing like a good soak, scrub and polish... right?

5 : This clock is pretty awesome. Except for the price tag, of course. I have never seen anything like it, if anyone knows of a less expensive reproduction let me know :)

6 : Oreos are my mother-in-law's favorite cookie. These homemade one's look pretty incredible, I will have to make them for her sometime...

7 : I always have this plan of changing out pillows in our living room with the seasons. Like many of my plans, they never actually happen... but, wouldn't these be perfect for Spring?

8 : She & Him... they are just the best.

9 : Yet another hair style from A Cup of Jo to try out. My face might be too round for this one, but I will give it a shot and see how it goes :)

xo.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I just stumbled upon your blog yesterday and I've already read your entire blog :] I love it and thought you'd like to know that someone is reading it!! I'm also in San Diego, but in East County!!

Much Love
-Becca =]

Shel + Stone said...

Thank you so much [re]beck, I am so glad to know that you are reading my posts :) AND to have another blog friend in San Diego... I love it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails