2.14.2011

Weekend wrap up : Happy Valentine's Day.



Hello.

How was your weekend? Like I said we started our weekend without plans, and learned quickly that when you make no plans for your weekend it soon becomes filled anyway. We cannot complain though, because we had a fantastic two days. Saturday was spent on the beach with friends (it was 75 and sunny all weekend!), then we headed into San Diego that night for a concert and then dinner after. It reminded me of college again, eating dinner at 11 PM, it is good to do that every once in a while I suppose. My favorite part of the weekend was walking down to the end of our street to watch the sunset. This is one of the things I love about where we live, everyone in our neighborhood seems to meet on weekend nights at the end our our street to watch the sun go down over the ocean. I feel so lucky to have lived now in two beautiful towns. Boulder was right at the base of the Rocky Mountains and now living right by the ocean. Sometimes I forget to appreciate it, so this weekend to sit and watch the ocean in all it's glory was pretty great.

Now, I have to tell you a secret...

Yesterday we released the balloons you see above into the sky. Right after I let go I had a bit of a panic attack. I immediately checked to see if it was illegal and it was not, whew! But then I spent the next couple of hours worrying if a plane was going to crash because it hit them, or if they would would pop and fall onto someones car that was driving on the freeway and cause them to get into a wreck. Terrible, terrible thoughts. I checked the news this morning though, no plane crashes or car wrecks were caused by 12 red heart balloons yesterday... thank goodness, I can rest easy.

So happy Valentin's day to you. Do you remember way back when we were in elementary school and this day was so huge for us? We had tons of little handmade cards to divide into our classmates' decorated shoeboxes. That is what it is all about, and we knew it as kids, today is about calling the people you love and telling them just that. I hope you have a wonderful day and eat a few extra chocolates in celebration! xo.

1 comment:

Kelsey Ross said...

hopefully there aren't any dolphins choking on the balloons. Or whales with their blow holes plugged up.

Love you! And Happy Valentines Day Sheliz!

Related Posts with Thumbnails