2.24.2011

Food to Love: Pulled Pork Tacos

This is my go-to recipe. I know it is always delicious, it requires very little hands on time and makes enough for us to have left overs for a few days after. All good things! I also make it for friends a lot and have recently had a few people email me for the recipe, so I thought I would go ahead and share it with you all. You will need a crock pot for this one, so if you don't have one it is an investment worth getting. Trust me, the return on that purchase is a good one :)

Pulled Pork Tacos

2 - 2.5 lb pork tenderloin
1/2 white onion slices thin
1 c BBQ sauce
1tsp minced garlic
salt & pepper

Sprinkle tenderloin liberally with pepper and sparingly with salt. Place tenderloins in a slow cooker. Combine onions, BBQ sauce and garlic then pour over tenderloin. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8-9 hours.

Using two forks shred the meat and place in a large bowl with remaining liquid. Toss to combine.

I usually slice some avocado, add some corn and squeeze a lime on top. SO delicious!

Now, let me tell you about the special tortillas featured above. This is a little trick we just learned from a friend and I think it takes this meal to an entire new level. Heat 1/3 cup of olive oil in a skillet on high, place your flour tortilla in the skillet for 30 seconds then flip. 30 seconds on the other side. Pull the tortilla out and it will be a bit crunchier, but still moldable and make them into little shells. It's the best :)

Enjoy! xo.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails