1.05.2011

French Breakfast Puffs

These muffins have been a New Years breakfast tradition for my family ever since I was little, and since Stone and I have been married I have carried on the tradition with him. They are delicious, and Stone is always wanting me to make them more than just New Years morning... but, that is what makes them a tradition and so special, right? Here is the recipe, just in case you want to try them out, and trust me, you do!

1/3 cup shortening
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup butter melted

Heat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix shortening, 1/2 cup sugar, and egg thoroughly in a large bowl. Stir in flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg alternately with milk. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Grease the pan and bake 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.

Mix 1/2 cup sugar with cinnamon. Dip muffins into melted butter then into cinnamon sugar. Yumm!


3 comments:

Sean and Brianne said...

First- love traditions.
Second- these look so yummy.. def going to try to make them
third- Love your blog!!!

a s h l y n . c a r t e r said...

yum!

Tiffany said...

I just found your blog and have to say that these look amazing! Can't wait to try them. Such a cute blog.

Related Posts with Thumbnails