This past weekend we had some visitors from Dallas.
One of my closest friends passed through with her fiance Charles on a road trip. We loved, loved having them here (come back please!). One of the plus sides of living in Boulder is that we were able to spend Saturday morning on a beautiful (albeit difficult) hike up the Mount Sanitas. One of the downsides to living in Boulder is that you don't get a lot of bang for your buck (real estate wise)... so our guests toughed it out on the air mattress in the living room in our small 900 sq ft apartment (Thanks guys, I am sure that is the first of many air mattresses you will sleep on in your marriage!) :)
The weekend was eventful indeed. Here is the breakdown.
- Dinner at Larkburger (duh, a must for any of our guests).
- Homemade chocolate chip waffles, complete with homemade whipped cream and strawberries!
- Hiking Mt. Sanitas, which we had not hiked it in a while... whew it was rough.
- Playing Taboo and drinks at our place, girls won, of course.
- Boulder Creek Fest, where lots of hippies and crazies came out of the woodworks, it was definitely fun people watching.
- Dinner at one of our favorite spots, Proto's pizza.
- S'mores at Sky's house!
- And of course, we took some amazing engagement photos (you will see soon enough!).
Could not have been better.