- a pinch each fine salt, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg and ground ginger
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1 cup dried apricots, roughly chopped (or any combination of roughly chopped dried fruit and/or nuts)
- 1/2 cup of dark chocolate bits
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup high quality maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons corn or rice syrup
Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a 8” square baking pan with parchment paper, letting a bit of excess paper hang over the sides.
Grind 1/3 cup of the oats in a food processor until powdery. Add them to a large mixing bowl with the remaining oats, the salt and spices, flax seeds, and apricots. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients and then stir them into the dry ingredients.
Put the mixture in the prepared pan, smoothing the top with a rubber spatula. Bake for 1/2 hour, or until evenly browned. Remove from oven and let cool for about 15 minutes. Remove to a cutting board (the parchment paper will act as a sort-of sling, making this very easy). Cut into individual granola bars.