3.29.2010

Working with my husband.

First of all... look at those cameras and lenses! They are huge and weigh even more. Stone and I shot a wedding yesterday, more truthfully, Stone shot a wedding yesterday and I helped out here and there. We shot this gorgeous couple, in this gorgeous location and the weather could not have been any better.

People have always told us that it is smart to keep your work and your marriage separate, and that it would be a mistake to work full time with your partner because there needs to be a degree of separation... well I don't agree. Not that we work full time together (if we did, however, I know we would enjoy it), but when we do work together it is a blast. Stone basically sees and does things that I don't and vice versa... in perfect harmony. Plus it is so fun to watch a creative person do what they love, whether it is my parents as graphic designers, my sister who is an architect, or Stone taking photos. Really I am in awe and love to be a part of it when I can.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm a new-ish reader and just wanted to first say how much I love reading your blog! It's way cute :) I, too, work with my boyfriend all day in the lab (we're both chemists) and I love it! He helps me out with hard stuff, and I help him out. It's fun to have my best friend around, especially when lab work can be so bland!

Shel + Stone said...

Thank you so much! I am glad you enjoy the blog... it has been really fun to do! And... also glad that I have someone else who agrees that working with your partner is not so bad after all : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails